When photographing kids... namely siblings... it can get tough.  It can get weird.  It can get awkward.  Orrrrr it can get plain crazy.

I do a lot of "STOP.  NO.  TURN YOUR HEAD BACK TO WHERE IT WAS."s and often find myself repeating "Don't move".  With everyone now telling their children to smile when they see a camera pointed at them, it's hard to get something natural.  I do a lot of "don't smile"s too.  Smiling is nice, but at the end of the day, I love serious faces.  Or at least natural.  (Note to my siblings: fake smiles are NOTCUTE)  Sometimes it's just by chance that you actually get a natural shot of a child.  Other times they might listen and not smile ;)

Training siblings to be future models can be hard work.  But after a year or two (yes, I'm serious), instead of this:



You can get this:


("Please, just turn your head.  Just once.")









Emma Vogelsang  – (August 28, 2012 at 10:53 AM)  

Very nice photos!

Emma
http://emmavogelsang.blogspot.com

Anonymous –   – (August 28, 2012 at 3:58 PM)  

love these.

Olivia  – (August 28, 2012 at 5:51 PM)  

same here.. (and I just can't get over how much the fake smile just looks too fake.)
beautiful pictures :)

Post a Comment

s e a r c h

Blog Archive