I wouldn't trade it for anything.



Not the way he smiles when I tip him upside down and say "wee!".  Not the way he giggles when I stretch his feet to touch his face.  Not the way he laughs when I sing Call Me Maybe or the way he smiles at me when I say Sir Anthony Rattle.  Not the way he scrunches his nose when it's really funny.

I wouldn't trade the way he smiles at me in the mornings and the way he rests his head on my shoulder when he's tired.  No, not the way he screams in my ear when he's happy.  Not even those moments when he should be sleeping but instead he's wide awake and he just wants somebody to rock him to sleep.  Not the way he wants somebody to sit and look at him when he's in the backseat of the car alone and I have to climb back and just stare at him to get him to not cry.  Not the way drools on my shirt and pulls my hair.  No, I wouldn't even trade all those moments I listened to him cry.

I wouldn't trade any of that for anything.  Not silence.  Not a quiet house.  Not for a little less stress when we're trying to get everyone out the door.  No way would I trade the way he smiles at me for a little bit of silence.

And I guess that's because I love him so much I could never let him go.  A little bit of silence won't make my heart as happy as hearing a sweet baby giggle at me.  Oh my goodness, babies have to be one of the best gifts the Lord could ever give.  My heart.  It overflows with joy.  Even through the hard parts of life.


(yes, this is from a video of him dancing to the JBiebs with me.  yes, those are his skinny jeans on his head.  and yes, i know, he looks terrified.  it's the look you get when you have four older siblings that put pants on your head and make you dance to the jbiebs.  i told you we love him a lot)






katie josephine d  – (August 23, 2012 at 8:43 PM)  

that first face, so sweet. that last face, so laughable. he is such a cutie.

Emma  – (August 24, 2012 at 9:38 AM)  

he IS one of the cutest things alive. And I'm convinced you're the bestsest big sister ever. :) <3

Post a Comment

s e a r c h

Blog Archive