Today, I was looking at Ryan Seacrest's house just for fun with one of my brother's.  Let's just say...it is so huge it's kind of sickening.  But, what my brother said really made me smile: "That would be so boring in that huge house all by yourself."  And it got me thinking.

Ever since I can remember, we've had a semi-big family.  I've always had a bunch of boys running around my house.  It's just been the norm, even since I was little.  Maybe it's a little tiring sometimes and maybe it can get annoying, but I wouldn't like it another way.  Silence is nice, but, in my opinion, chaos is better.  And that's what got me about what my brother said.

We all love having a bunch of siblings.  And yes, he's right, it would be boring to just be all by yourself in a huge house.  But in the end, having a big family has always been my life.  Having a bunch of brothers has always been my life.  And I love it that way and would never want it any other way.  I don't think I would be the same person I am today if it weren't for having four brothers.  Silence is nice, but chaos is better.  As my brother said, it's way too easy to get bored when you're in a giant house all by your lonesome.  And now, even as I begin preparing to move out and go to college in three years, it'll be so weird.  It'll be so quiet.  So....we'll see...if I like it that way or not.  I'm sure I won't.  But until then... I can happily say how awesome it is to be in a big family.  Love.

Some of my favorite things about it : Your family easily fills up a table at a restaurant.  Laughter makes me smile; there's a lot of that over here.  You have to drive a big car.  I like big cars. If you need a playmate, someone to watch something with, someone to swim with, someone to play Monopoly with, you just ask somebody.  And if they can't/don't want to, you ask someone else.  There is always someone either grumpy, in a funny mood, in a singing mood, or sassy.  So you can choose accordingly which person you want to hang with.  There is never a dull, quiet, or boring moment around here, unless it's 5am or midnight (or anything in between).  And that's how I like it.  I love it.







Olivia  – (August 2, 2012 at 7:37 PM)  

this part: "There is always someone either grumpy, in a funny mood, in a singing mood, or sassy. So you can choose accordingly which person you want to hang with." So stinking true! haha! :) i love this post, too. (obviously, i totally get it ;))

Kim Thompson  – (August 3, 2012 at 9:32 AM)  

LOVE. So glad you love our big, crazy family! I wouldn't have it any other way either!

Post a Comment

s e a r c h

Blog Archive