// IF YOU REALLY KNEW ME \\

you'd know....

that i'm a major worrier.  I waste so much time everyday in my head over thinking everything.  You'd think one day I'll learn that it doesn't help anything. 

and that when I'm at home, I wear Nike shorts and t-shirts.  But I love fashion.  If I'm going out in public, I would never wear those out.  I love dressing up, but I think it's more that I don't want to waste a great outfit on a day where I'm seeing no one.  Plus, when I'm at home all day doing classes, I couldn't care any less about my appearance that day.  No one's seeing me.

that I hate early mornings.  This week, I've woken up at 7am every morning.  From 7-8 is about the worst hour of my life.  And then my brain wakes up and I'm back to being somewhat my normal self.  Pretty sure if you ask me something within the first hour I wake up I won't remember it by the afternoon.  Yep, I hate mornings.  10am is my friend.

you'd also know that I'm a big college football fan.  Notice I said college.  Not NFL.  Totally different.  College is better.  But for reals, guys, college football is so thrilling and awesome to watch.  (Have you noticed I've grown up with 4 brothers?)

you'd know that I don't like the sight of blood.  My dog once was pretty much gushing blood and I about passed out/got sick.  Yeah, it was nasty.  But yet I watch ER reality shows.  I make sense.

you'd also know that I lovelove reality TV shows.  and cop shows.  Dog the Bounty Hunter, What Not to Wear, Project Runway, Police Women, NY Med, Secret Millionaire, I'm Having Their Baby.  I don't watch anything that isn't real life.  Waste of time. 

you'd also know...if you happen to be a certain person that spent a month with me this month (youknowwhoyouare)...that when my (dying-whale-sounding) alarm goes off I literally fly out of bed to turn it off.  That's right, I subconsciously sleep knowing what time my alarm is going off.  When I went to Africa, I had to get up at 3:45.  My alarm didn't go off.  I woke up on my own at 3:48.  My brain is crazy.

and that I hate nicknames.  Call me Emma.  There's no Em, Emmy or anything like that with me :P Which is crazy, because I go by Emma Claire online.

you'd also know that I can't do any school work (i.e. write papers) without listening to music.  That probably sounds impossible to anyone, but it's the only way my brain switches to write mode.

and random things you probably don't know

I sleep underneath the blankets so that when I wake up in the morning I can sleep later.  Hey, you do what you gotta do when it's loud in the mornings and you want your sleep.

I have double-jointed fingers.  

I hate being home alone when it's dark out.  Like alone alone, like without anyone else home.  I'm pretty sure I jump at every sound I hear.

I think Friday Night Lights is the best show ever created.  I watched all five seasons on Netflix over a 3-month period.  Those episodes were some of the best 45min. of my life.

I hate artichokes and boiled eggs.  But that's it.  I eat Oryx and Duck and Elk and almost anything else. Sushi and spicy foods are my fav.  I think picky people miss out on a whole lot of life.

I wear crazy things to bed.  Like oversized t-shirts and shorts.  Mostly because no one is going to see me at 10pm or 9am, so it doesn't really matter what I look like.

Anonymous –   – (August 13, 2012 at 6:36 PM)  

ah! we have a few things in common! likkeee...
•loving fashion, but, not caring what you wear at home.

•not liking the sight of blood, eww.

•liking reality tv. i recently discovered dog the bounty hunter and i think it's awesome.

•scared of being home alone, in the darkness.

p.s. i know you have a heart for adoption, my aunt recently started an adoption blog, would you maybe go and check it out, please? :)

http://justb-adoptionblog.blogspot.com/

thanks a bunch!
--Arianna

Kim Thompson  – (August 15, 2012 at 9:47 PM)  

LOVE this! Love every little thing about you!!

Post a Comment

s e a r c h

Blog Archive