Tonight as I rocked Trey to sleep I thought of a question for myself.

Why do I love adoption as much as I do?  It took me a while to pinpoint exactly what it was,  and I decided I needed to put it all out on paper... for myself, and also because a lot of you may be wondering the same thing.

I love adoption because... it brought my brother home and my life would not be the same without my Treybebaby.

I love adoption because... I am adopted... by God.

I love adoption because... I watched dear friends bring home their kids through adoption and I knew I loved it the moment I watched it all happen.  (AKA it's a God thing:))

I love adoption because... God gave me a heart for orphans when I went to Africa and I've never been the same since.

I love adoption because... I've seen the need firsthand in Africa and from that moment forward I knew I loved that place and the need there.  I realized afterwards why God did that to me.  To give me a heart for orphans.

I love adoption because... My family did foster care and I saw the system and I saw how it all worked.  I saw the need firsthand and it was just another reassurance that forever is beautiful :)

I love adoption because... It brings sweet babies home for ever and ever and gives them another chance at life.

I love adoption because... God gave me two best friends/sisters... who came home via adoption.  I would not be the person I am today without them.

I love adoption because... it changed my whole life.  It changed the way I look at everything.  It changed the way I think about every little thing in my life.  Adoption changed my life.  And I want it to change more.

It's hard... to pinpoint exactly in what area adoption has impacted me.  I say a lot that it has impacted me, but to figure out exactly in what area... it's almost impossible for me.  When I think about it... I'd say this:

Adoption has impacted me in every area possible of my life.  It forces me to think more about how God would want it.  It puts me through challenges everyday.  It's changed the idea of my future.  It's changed my family.  But most importantly... it changed my heart.  Adoption is what formed me into who I am today.  It's what made me me.  First and foremost because the Lord adopted me into His family even when I wasn't deserving of it, and now I get to be a part of His family for the rest of my life (and ever and ever and ever :)).  If that doesn't change your life I don't know what will.  Secondly because of how much adoption has impacted my life here on earth.

What makes me laugh the most is that I have no idea why it has impacted me so much.  I have no idea why it's such a big thing in my life.  I guess that's because the Lord put it in my life.  So stay tuned... you never know what might happen in my life next related to adoption :)

Olivia  – (August 29, 2012 at 9:47 AM)  

what a passion you must have! absolutely precious photo :)

Post a Comment

s e a r c h

Blog Archive