Sometimes I go back and read all the drafts I've saved on my blogger account.  All the posts I've began but haven't finished.  Some that only have a title.  Some that have no title.  Some that are cut off unexpectedly.

It's like a mystery, really.  Trying to figure out what exactly was going on in my head at that very moment.  Because, really, I can never recreate what is going on in my brain at the moment.  So when I write a post and save it as a draft, I'll keep the thought tucked away in my brain and sometimes a thought will come to my head and I'll run to finish the post.

And that's how my blog was born.

That's how my real blog was born.  be lovely.  The one about being real and raw and true to life and myself.  Because I'm really just a girl that has a big heart and a brain that never stops going and going and going.  And when I get an idea, I run with it.  And I ran, starting last year, with an idea.  An idea to recreate my blog.  And that was exactly what I did.

There are 164 saved drafts on my blog right now.  164 posts I have yet to finish.  164 posts no one knows anything about.

I want to post those saved drafts.  The majority.  The ones I started that I never finished.  The ones I had an idea for, a place for... I want to publish them.  For you.  But also for me.  It's sort of a big step.  A lot of the things I drafted I meant to not publish.  Yes, I do it purposely at times.  I'll include something I wouldn't otherwise say.  Maybe it was a hard day and I just needed to rant.  Then there are the ones I meant to post.  The ones I really had a purpose for.  Those are the ones I want to publish.

So, from today forward, when you see a post with the label "draft", you can know that you're reading a draft that I finished.  Something I recreated.  Something I finished.  I'll include the date I first wrote it too.

I hope you enjoy this new little project of mine.  I think I will, too.

Post a Comment

s e a r c h

Blog Archive