One Hundred Followers

It's crazy, really.  How far I've come.  I just got my 100th follower.  I'm not quite sure what I think.  To be honest, I'm sometimes not sure why people read my blog.  It's more like a journal to me at times.

I read on a blog recently that you shouldn't treat your blog as a journal.  That's popped into my mind at times while writing.  That maybe I shouldn't publish a certain post because it's more journalistic than most others I publish.  But then I remember... this is my blog.  This is my space.  This is not a place for other people's words on what you should and shouldn't write on your blog to become true.  I will not choose to change my blog and my space for the sake of a few extra followers.  Because that's not simply why I blog.  It's much more complex to me.

I could never write down all the reasons I blog.  There are too many for me to remember.  All I know is... I love it.  I love the community it forms and the people I've met.  I love the comments people make.  I really love every comment.  I like words.  I like the words blogging helps me write down.  But most of all, I love how blogging has helped me find out who I really am and who I really want to be.  I may not be the best writer.  I may not take the best photographs.  But I write and I take photographs and I write this blog, and it's the real me.

Thank you to every single one-hundred of you.  I love all of you.  There were times I wanted to give up... but then I read your comments.  Or I thought about people in a similar situation.  And I keep writing.  Not only for me, but also for all of you.  Even the ghosts that read my blog that don't follow me.  Because I like to see the world in a different way and observe the words people say.  So that I can write it down and record it.  For me, but mostly for you.  Because people have hard times.  People go through similar situations.  I blog for them, too.


WAB  – (September 11, 2012 at 3:37 PM)  

We read your blog because you're awesome, duh.. hahaha. ;) Miss you!

Emma  – (September 11, 2012 at 4:50 PM)  

^^ I agree with Wayne. :)

And I think I read it too because you are so real with it. I don't care if it's "journal-y" or not, I just like to read what you write. <3 :)

Anonymous –   – (September 11, 2012 at 6:14 PM)  

amen to all this. even the two comments. you. are. awesome.

Anonymous –   – (September 11, 2012 at 6:51 PM)  

I love you blog..it is one of the best blogs out there....And you are a great writer!

Post a Comment

s e a r c h

Blog Archive