I've learned something over the past couple of months about myself.

I hate silence.

Usually silence means no joy.  It means no noise.  I'm not exactly what it's supposed to mean...nor do I really care... but all I know is, I hate it.

In my house, there's always someone laughing.  Or screaming with joy.  Or crying.  Or yelling.  It doesn't matter what's going on, my house is always full of noise.  Someone came over to drop something off in the early morning recently and they said something like, "Wow, who knew your house would be this silent at 8am!"  And it's so true.  The only time there is silence in my home is when  people are sleeping.  And I've come to realize how much I absolutely love that.

I love chaos.  I love laughing.  I love hearing the sound of laughter.  If my home is not full of people it's actually quite boring.  If my home is not full of laughter that means something is wrong.  If my home was silent, my life would be soooooo boring.  I would not be who I am today without all this chaos around me.

I guess I just love it.  I love the way I don't need an alarm if I want to get up at 8am because there will be so much noise that I will be woken up naturally.  I love how there are always so many boys over at my house... neighbors who are like brothers... all the time.  I love how my dinner table is always absolutely crazy because of all the voices.  I love how much they all make me laugh.  The stuff they say is so brilliant sometimes and I can't help but laugh.  I'm not exactly sure what I love most about being in a big family.  All I know is... I love it.  A whole lot.






Post a Comment

s e a r c h

Blog Archive