I remember the first time I saw her in person.

She looked exactly the same way she did over Skype.  Except more beautiful.  She was wearing a hat, I remember.  And high heel shoes that she regretted because they tore her feet apart walking around in the Vegas airport for a 7 hour layover (do you know who you are yet?).  And I just had to stare at her for a moment because this was the first time I'd ever see her for the first time.  And I loved it.

And then we got to the hotel and it was awkward and I didn't know what to say.  But then we woke up the next morning and we were the same crazy insane girls we were together over Skype.  Except better, because it was face-to-face.  We started writing down our inside jokes.  It all went downhill from there.

And then she came to stay with me for four weeks and I had the time of my life.  I'll never forget every one of those nights that we sat on the couch just talking with my brother and her until midnight.  Or the nights where she'd fall asleep on the couch while we were watching Say Yes to the Dress or Dog the Bounty Hunter or, our favorite, Police Women of Broward County.  And then I'd have to get that weird Oryx tail and sit there tickling her feet with it while she didn't move.  Or blast the JBiebz in her ear until she'd open an eye and I'd say, "Come to bed!   You fell asleep on the couch.  Again.".  And she'd hobble back, running into walls occasionally, and not remember it the next morning.  Sometimes we'd go back to my bedroom and talk for another two hours.  I loved those nights.

She's one of those people who sticks with you forever.  And ever and ever and ever.  I've known her for 4 years now.  And I have to say, those were some of the loveliest 4 years of my life.

Taylor, I love you.  I love the way we have matching laughs and how we always laugh harder when we realize they sound the same.  I love how easily you make me laugh-so-hard-I-cry.  I hate Monopoly now because it's not being played with you.  I hate Goldfish now because I'm not eating them with you.  I don't cook tortillas right on the stove anymore because I'm not burning them and almost lighting a fire and making the entire house fill with smoke and getting in trouble about it with you.  I don't like turning my head to the right to watch the TV when I'm on the computer because I don't turn and see you sitting there on your iPad.  I don't look at that little space underneath my bedroom window the same because your suitcase used to sit there for that whole month.  And Taylor, I don't look at my life the same because it wouldn't be the same without you.  I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you.  I miss you I miss you I miss you I miss you I miss you.  Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful.  VRH.  I OWWWNN THAT.  I am titaaaaaaanium.  Come see me, girl.



T.F  – (September 17, 2012 at 10:56 PM)  

This post made me tear up a bit because I miss you so much. <3
Those shoes. That terrible airport. :p
Totally worth it though because I met my best friend in person for the first time ever.
And this past summer was the best one ever because I spent it with you. I miss owning you in monopoly and our friendship being torn apart because of it (hah), and torturing Logan and eating abnormally large cookies and getting hyper. And if I look east (i think) I can see you.

Hearts for haterz xoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo ;)
Tay, yo best friennn. ;)

Emma  – (September 18, 2012 at 5:42 PM)  

That is so special that you have a friend like that, they really are one in a million. :)

Kim Thompson  – (September 18, 2012 at 9:33 PM)  

hahahaha I love you girls so much!! And Taylor, you are welcome back anytime! You know you miss Thursday cleaning day!!

Post a Comment

s e a r c h

Blog Archive