ADOPTION IS BEAUTIFUL

I was putting Trey into his carseat at church yesterday when this couple came up to me.  I thought it was just going to be a normal conversation about how Trey is, how he sleeps, etc.  But it wasn't.  "Adoption is awesome!  The Bible tells us we are all adopted by Him already, so it's no different for him (Trey) to be adopted by you guys.  He was just adopted twice!"  I responded with something like, "And that's why we adopt." and we went our separate ways.  And then I thought about it.

We've all been adopted by God.  He took us into His family.  We are chosen.  It really is no different for Trey to be adopted into my family.

The conversation really made me ponder how beautiful adoption really is.  I say it all the time, but this time it really hit me.  Adoption is one of the biggest gifts.  Ever.  Sometimes it doesn't even make sense how it all works.  It's full of challenges and bumps in the road and sometimes it's so hard you want to give up.  But you keep going.  Because that's what God did for us.  Even when we were turned the other way, He kept going.  To make us part of His family.  So we keep that example in mind and we keep going.  Everyday.  Despite the challenges and the hard moments.  You don't stop.  And that's just what we'll do.

I think God puts certain people into our presence for a reason sometimes.  Just to encourage us.  Keep going... just a little bit more.  This couple did it for me.  They reminded me something I forgot about.  That we've all been adopted before.  That adoption is beautiful.  That God called us to adoption.  So we keep going.


Emma  – (July 2, 2012 at 11:20 AM)  

I love this. <3

That's all. :)

Anonymous –   – (July 2, 2012 at 12:03 PM)  

Beautiful post!

xoxo
-Jemima

Post a Comment

s e a r c h

Blog Archive