even so



This was a hard week for me.  One of our dear dear friends lost their sweet baby sister.  It was one of the hardest things I've ever experienced.

I think it hit me even more because we have a baby in our home that was 2 weeks younger than this sweet child.  Every time I thought about this precious family and their loss, I couldn't help but think about how hard it would be if that was Trey.  And that hurt to even think about.  It was just a really hard, tragic, traumatizing week, and it's not over yet.

In the end, though, we know this sweet baby girl went home to the Lord.  This is not a hopeless situation.  We know for sure that one day we will see this sweet girl's face one more time.  As much as death can hurt, as unbearable and unfathomable as it is, God conquered death, and we get to delight in that.  Although it hurts for those of us left on earth, God welcomed another person into the Kingdom of God on Thursday.  And that is comforting.  That conquers our grief.  So although we are hurting, we can have hope that conquers all.


The one hymn that continued to come to my mind was "It is Well with my Soul".  No matter the tragedy we are going through, it is well with my soul.  No matter how horrible this loss feels, it is well with my soul.  No matter how hard God's choice was for this family, it is still well with my soul.  As hard as it is to make the choice for this loss to really be well with my soul, it is all you can say.  It really is.  


So, if you would, please join us in praying for this sweet family and their loss.  It's been a hard week for all of us. 

Wayne B. –   – (July 14, 2012 at 8:29 PM)  

My heart's with you. But you know that already. ;)

Louie  – (July 14, 2012 at 9:28 PM)  

Oh my goodness I completely know how they feel. I lost a baby brother back 2008 in. I will never forget him. at The time and still to this day I miss so much. Please know that I'm praying for you and them as you deal with this great loss. If you need to talk just let me know :)

Louie

T.F  – (July 15, 2012 at 9:15 AM)  

Praying every day for their family, and yours. "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. 5For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows." 2 Corinthians 1:3-5

Unknown  – (July 16, 2012 at 5:57 PM)  

everything happens for a reason. whether its something bad or good, we must be open minded about every detail. I sometimes forget that we are apart of a big plan, a plan so big that none of us could even imagine how great.
Prayers for them.

Stephanie Fox –   – (July 18, 2012 at 10:28 PM)  

Emma,
You won't remember our family, but we went to church with your family for many years. You are an amazing writer and photographer. What a blessing to see your work and know that you are growing up to be such an amazing girl. Your parents have sown into your life and the return not only blesses them, but all of us that read your heart's words. Your new baby brother is absolutely adorable. We too are praying for Baby J's family...such a difficult time, but trusting that God will not only carry them through, but will use her short and precious life to point others to the cross so they too can have eternal life with Jesus. You are a precious gift...keep writing and taking photos!

Post a Comment

s e a r c h

Blog Archive