A NEW YEAR

Recently I read Augustus Cesear's World for a class.  Now, I must include that I completely hate all the books I've read thus far in this class, but I try to read them with an open mind and heart, looking for things that might possibly speak to me.  When I first took a look at ACW, I was like, eh, no.  But then it started talking about the months of the year and I really liked what it had to say.

"January, which later took first place in the calender, was named for Janus, another early god, who had two faces, showing that he could look both to the past and to the future."

I thought this was so interesting, and so fitting, for the new year.  January should be a month where you look both to the past (the previous year), and to the future.  I usually hate when people say that they're going to "live without regrets" next year or "forget about last year" and make the next one even better.  I totally see how this is a great goal for the new year, but, in a way, you have to live in a way that looks both to the past and to the future.  Live with the thought of last year in mind.  Even if last year included death, tragedy, or heartbreak.  Because in order to fully live your life you must allow your sufferings to change you.


"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."  Isaiah 41:10

Hannah Nicole  – (January 7, 2013 at 11:30 PM)  

amen. this is so very true. love how you're looking for good even in the not-so-fun things. :)

Post a Comment

s e a r c h

Blog Archive