let's keep it real here pt. 2

Ummmmmmmm.



No, no no no no no no no no no no.  He has it all wrong.  And no, I am not biased just because one of my brother's is adopted.  If we had never adopted I would still have this opinion on the topic.  

First of all.  When you adopt children from other countries, you are not taking on the united nations.  

Second.  Yes.  When you adopt a child, you don't know what problems that child will have.  You don't know what kind of physical or mental issues that child went through before you were his parents.  

And I'm sorry, but yes, when you adopt a child you do not know what that child is going to struggle with.  But when you have a child biologically it is the same thing.  You are not pregnant knowing your child is going to be perfectly healthy.  No, you know God is in control of it all so you don't worry about it.  You don't just not have kids because of that "fear".  That's exactly how it is with adoption.  You don't just not adopt children because of the risks.  Yes, there are many risks.  But yes, if God tells you to adopt a child, and He puts that child in your life and that child is chosen by God... you do not have to worry.  If you know God has called you to that specific child you do not just ignore it because of the risks involved.  No. Way.

Third.  The best way to love and care for orphans and to obey God's Word is to go out and take them in.  Like... let's keep it real here.

Read James 1:27.  Or Isaiah 1:17.... Matthew 18:5????????  Do you deny that????  Do you believe that????  We are all called to orphans.  Whether that means adopting them, coming alongside an adoptive family, caring for orphans, the list goes on and on.

Fourth.  Ummmm.  Hello, but God took you in and adopted you as a dirty, rotten, brain-damaged horrible sinner.  He doesn't just help you from afar because of the "risks".  He doesn't just visit us when we need Him.  No, He's always there.  How can this man... who I am sure has spent many hours in the Word... say that you shouldn't take in orphans because of the risks?  Horrid.

(Now.  I am not saying that if you have not adopted you are not helping orphans.  No way.  If you have helped orphans, came alongside an adoptive family, etc etc etc.... it goes on and on.... you too are helping orphans.  We are all called to orphans.  Not just the ones that are called to adopt.  In this post I am just addressing Mr. Robertson's words that no one should have to adopt because of the "risks".  I know that every person's convictions are different.)

I am absolutely disgusted.  Disgusted.

Kimberly  – (October 1, 2012 at 9:25 PM)  

Girl, can I just say the whole time I was reading this, i just kept thinking "YES. PREACH IT, EMMA, AMEEEENNNN!!" SOOO, agree with everything you said! I get SOOO disgusted with people, like that guy in the video, that go on and on about how adoption is a bad idea!! SO. FRUSTRATING.

*clears throat* well, i'm done venting now. haha! seriously though, thank you for sharing this post!! :)
-kim

Emma  – (October 2, 2012 at 1:54 PM)  

These are my thoughts on this man's words.

"We minister to orphans all over the world, we minister to thousands of them..."

Sure, you minister to thousands of them, but there are between 149 to 210 MILLION orphans. M-I-L-L-I-O-N.

"...we love orphans, we love helping people, but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm going to bring all the orphans around the world into my home."

Well, what does it mean? I was just thinking about this yesterday, if my kids were orphans, would I want a family to take them in, or would I just want people to come once a year and "minister" to them? Of course, I would want to me to have a home and a family and be loved! Look at James 1:27 and Psalm 68:5-6, be a father to the fatherless, not just "minister to the fatherless". Ugh. This is just so bad. People are corrupt by the world. He's got it so wrong. Look up "worldwide orphan statistics 2012" on Google, the stats are heart-wrenching.

"...okay next question, boy I'm in trouble."
Yes, Pat, yes you are. ;)

On another, less intense note, Emma, this post is so great! You always share the best things on here. =)

Emma  – (October 2, 2012 at 1:55 PM)  

sorry for that SUPER LONG comment! =P

Emma  – (October 2, 2012 at 2:42 PM)  

One more thing to add to this....
I think Pat Robertson should watch this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG1NWPpnlao&feature=relmfu

Unknown  – (October 3, 2012 at 10:26 AM)  

wow I totally agree, Emma. What makes me so frustrated, is the fact that adopting, especially adopting an orphan from overseas, is so expensive. Those people don't care about orphans unless they can make 20,000$ off of them. Definitely going to adopt when I grow up.
*Brad from Marine Biology*

Brooklyn  – (October 3, 2012 at 3:18 PM)  

preach it, sista. preach it. pat also disgusts me. that video infuriated me! he is so wrong. this post was great, emma. keep it up.:]

http://jumping4jesus.blogspot.com/

Megan  – (October 3, 2012 at 8:49 PM)  

I read this yesterday and was so disgusted by this guy that I couldn't read anymore. So I went to love on my little China doll in the other room.
There are no words to describe the anger I feel when someone says something like this. I cannot believe this man actually believes that...I mean, it's CLEARLY commanded by God! This kills me. But I so appreciate your thoughts and your heart for adoption. :)

Unknown  – (October 4, 2012 at 8:35 PM)  

Wow! God didn't just come down, feed and cloth us he adopted us. He brought us into His family a has shown us crazy awesome love. Sure you can go and feed the orphans but God called us to be a light and be like Jesus, and Jesus adopted us. Don't know who that guy was and if he is in the ministry that is so sad. It makes me so sad to think that people can think like that. Who cares if they have brain damage, they are still a child of God! Come on! LOVE PEOPLE FOR GOODNESS SAKES!

Post a Comment

s e a r c h

Blog Archive