do what you love



In my bedroom, I have a frame that I put "do what you love what you do" inside and it hangs there for me to see every time I walk in.  It's just a reminder for me.

Doing what you love is important for your life because you only have one.

I only get one life on this earth.  I don't want to live it doing what's "practical" or what will get me the most money or the most success.  I should be spending my life doing what I absolutely love to do.  My worst fear in life is to get stuck doing something I absolutely hate and that I'll feel guilty ditching it because I spent a boatload of money on college for it and now I absolutely hate it.  My worst fear ever.

It bugs me that these days that's what everyone wants.  All they want is to be successful and get more money, not chase their dreams and follow what God put on their heart.  It's like they make themselves believe that they want to do that certain thing because of the success/money/whatever, but it's not always a genuine love and heart for it.

I never want to look back on my life and regret the decisions I made.  I never want to feel like I made the wrong career choice.  I never want to feel like I did it for reasons other than that it's my heart or something I love to do.  I always want to remember that I should be doing what I love, not what's "practical".

(P.S. I'm back up.  Kind of.  Change your links to www.emmact.blogspot.com if possible.  I'm still ironing all the kinks out in the meantime.  So ridiculous)









Emma  – (October 29, 2012 at 4:21 PM)  

I love that...do what you love and love what you do. :)
Oh, how do you change the link to your blog? I didn't know you were able to do that after you did it the first time when you make your blog....=P

emma claire  – (October 29, 2012 at 7:24 PM)  

^I believe under settings, then Publishing. :)

Post a Comment

s e a r c h

Blog Archive