NO DIFFERENCE

We get stared at.  It's the craziest thing.  People just stare.  For me, I have no problem with it.  Being stared at doesn't bother me in the least.  People can judge me, and I won't care.  It's not a big deal.  I just want people to know that this is not necessary.  If you see a biracial family, don't stare.  They are a normal family.  That child is still their child.  We are not any different than "normal" families.  Just because one of the kids in my family has a different skin color doesn't mean we should be stared at.  

I want the rest of the world to be okay with adoption.  I don't want the rest of the world to see my family and stare because we're different.  I don't want the world to see a difference in skin color.  It's just color for crying out loud.  If you're a Believer, you shouldn't care about how God brings family together.  Natural, adoption, it's all the same to me.  You're still the same family.  Trey's still my brother, no matter the DNA.  DNA doesn't make up a family.  God does.


So, next time you see a biracial family, don't stare.  Adoption is beautiful.

Hannah Nicole  – (June 22, 2012 at 5:41 PM)  

"DNA doesn't make up a family. God does." AMEN, AMEN, AMENNN.

Olivia  – (June 22, 2012 at 6:07 PM)  

On my goodnes, YES! Same goes for my family, and even though it's hard/annoying to have people staring all the time, I'm learning that we are a witness to them. And what you said about DNA - so true! <3

Brooklyn  – (June 22, 2012 at 6:31 PM)  

"DNA doesn't make up a family. God does."

I love that! (Okay, I just saw the top two comments said the same thing, but I promise it was an original thought.:)) We haven't adopted-simply because God hasn't called us to. But if we would be, we wouldn't even think about race. Who cares about the pigment of your skin?! Adoption IS beautiful-it's blessed me in many ways. And your recent post-I love The Blind Side & that quote too! It is so powerful.


http://jumping4jesus.blogspot.com/

Emma  – (June 22, 2012 at 8:29 PM)  

Mostly, when I see a biracial family, I just want to know if they are a family, I don't find it odd that people have children with different skin colors. When my sister was younger we used to get a lot of stares and people would ask if she was adopted because we all had dark olive skin, dark hair and eyes, and she had blue eyes, light skin, and white-blond hair even though we all have the exact same parents. None of us were adopted but we still sort of experienced that a little bit so I know how it feels. <3 :) You are awesome girl! =)

Anonymous –   – (June 23, 2012 at 10:53 AM)  

This is exactly how I feel! I never felt different from my family, and I probably will NEVER feel different! God has woven me into this family and no one can ever change that! I VERY proud to be a Gregg!
Trey is gonna grow up to be an awesome man. I love you!!!

xoxo
-Jemima

Post a Comment

s e a r c h

Blog Archive