IT'S ME, NOT HIM

I love the movie The Blind Side.  I love every second of it.  I love how truly they portray every character.  I just love it.  It's so perfect.  As I watched it this afternoon, something one of the characters said really hit me.


"You're changing that boy's life." 
to which she responded, 
"No.  He's changing mine."

Everyone is always telling my parents that they're changing Trey's life and that he is so blessed to be in my family.  This could be true.  Maybe we are changing his life.  But to me, it's the other way around.

Sure, he's blessed to be in a family with two awesome parents and a bunch of siblings.  He'll get to chase his dreams and find the Lord when he maybe wouldn't have had those opportunities before.  But I truly am the blessed one.  My parents truly are the blessed ones.  He changed my life.  We didn't change his.  God chose this life for him.  He didn't necessarily do it to bless Trey or to change his life.  He did it to bless and change my life.  My life wouldn't be the same without him.  Or without adoption.  Or without every second of experience I got to go through.  Adoption wouldn't be the same in my mind without him.  I wouldn't be able to bless other people with adoption without Trey.  I wouldn't be able to say the same things about adoption without Trey in my life.  Without being there when his birthmother gave birth to him.  Without being there when his birthmother chose my family.  Without being there when his birthmother so selflessly gave life to her son and a son to another family.  That is truly the blessing.  I am truly blessed.  He changed my life, and adoption will never be the same in my eyes.  Ever, ever again.  


Emma  – (June 21, 2012 at 10:00 PM)  

I love adoption and I've never been through it and I probably never will get to be a big part of it until I'm older (like an adult) so I LOVE hearing all these stories about it. I love it. <3 Really.

Post a Comment

s e a r c h

Blog Archive