THE GATHERING

Almost four years ago, my mom signed me up for two classes with an online school that I didn't care anything about.  I wasn't so crazy about the idea.  Being home-schooled the "regular old way" was way easier than having deadlines and real teachers.  But then I had my first class.  And oh, it changed all those other assumptions.  I met some of the most amazing people ever.  And I know what you're thinking.  "Online school?  How ridiculous, you can't make friends over the internet."  But oh, you can (and don't worry, we're quite socially-normal).  And it was the best thing I have ever done.

Once a year, after finals week, all the lovely students gather together in one place to meet each other.  It was the most fun I have had in a long time.  The people I've talked to over Skype for over a year (some three, now).... I get to meet.... in real life.  It's one of the most amazing things I've done.  I've counted down for 359 days... and now I'll start that all over again.





Anonymous –   – (June 8, 2012 at 7:07 AM)  

how fun!

rachel esther  – (June 8, 2012 at 4:18 PM)  

that's so cool, half my friends i met online... blogging. ;)
What is the online school you use?
-i'm looking for a good one i can do, been doing paper stuff...

Post a Comment

s e a r c h

Blog Archive