TALENTED BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE


This is Dorian.  I call her Doriana.  I've known her for years.  When we were five, we went to the same public school.  Apparently I didn't talk to her, ever.  When we were pulled out of school two years later, we met at church.  She claims she "brought me out of my shell".  I guess I do indeed owe that to her.  I was quite shy.  So, Doriana, if you're listening, thanks, for making me extroverted.  It's gonna get me really far in life.

Anyways.  Dorian had a secret.  A big, exciting secret.  Only her close friends knew.  She was a singer.  She was a singer but she didn't want everyone to know.  It took me months and months to finally get her to start a Youtube channel.  I am so much of a dreamer that I told her that she would go viral and Usher would find her on the internet and everything would be dandy and she would, in the end, be the new fancy-shmancy teenage Beyonce.  But that hasn't happened.  Yet.  Back to the story.  She learned a song. A beautiful song.  A beautiful song that coincidentally is called Beautiful.  She has won a talent show with it, got into a competition with it, and, I think, made it even better than the original.  At the beginning of this year, when I started recording her videos (which we both later deleted from the channel because we both suffer from serious indecisiveness and thought that, at the moment, they weren't "unique" enough; we regret that wholeheartedly), she started calling me her Manager.  Then it was her Assistant.  Next producer.  And then fashion adviser, best friend, photographer, sister, and videographer.  Or, in our words, I am her everything, and she is mine.  Everyone knows when Dorian and I show up because we bring the party.  No really, we are the party.

She is that friend.  The one that no matter what happens, you can always go back to her.  It doesn't matter what we've been through together or on our own... we always find our way back to each other.  And I love that.  She will always be my go-to model for when I need a good photo shoot.  She will always be the only person I can talk about the hard stuff in adoption with.  She will always be the one and only friend I have that shares the same serious obsession with cookie dough and ice cream.  For real, Dorian would do anything for cookie dough.  She's one of my best friends.  She's been there always.  Reached out to me even when I never said a word to anyone, many years ago.  Thank you, Doriana.  For everything.  I love you.


xo,
e

p.s. Doriana, if you're still listening..... orange milkshakes that taste like gasoline/rubber.  that is all.

Post a Comment

s e a r c h

Blog Archive