THE POWER OF PRAYER

The day my mom first heard about Trey's birthmother, she was staying at a hotel with a few other ladies.  She ended up having a phone call with her, and during that time our dear friends staying at the hotel with my mom took that whole time to pray for her and for this sweet baby growing inside of her.  I will always hold onto that knowing that they had a part in bringing him home.

The day we scrambled out the door to wait in that hospital waiting room for Trey to arrive I realized the power of prayer.  I knew God was in control of every moment.  But I also knew that there was power in prayer and the way we asked Him.  There were so many things that happened that day that made us say... only God.  Only God.  As I waited for his arrival, I updated a few friends that prayed for my family all day.  I was there for 10 straight hours and they were praying every moment.

The day Trey was able to become ours was a hard day for all of us.  This sweet baby was living in our home and we struggled to realize that he was not ours.  That day so many of our friends took on that burden and prayed, all day.  They had a part in bringing him home.  In just asking God for him, he was brought home forever.  If that doesn't show you that prayer is powerful, I don't know what will.


"if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn away from their wicked ways then I will hear you from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14


thank you.  for every prayer you all said.  every word of encouragement in the comments.  there is so much love in my heart for the blog world and for fellow believers that say a huge YES when we need prayer most.  there is nothing more humbling to me than to see the people i love most come alongside my family in prayer.  oh my goodness.   thank you, so much.  

xo,
e

Brooklyn  – (May 17, 2012 at 5:38 PM)  

Ahh I just melted. Cuteness overload. Ohh I just want to squish him.:) I am so happy for you! I am still holding onto the hope that someday, somehow my parents will adopt.:) Enjoy your new brother!

rachel esther  – (May 19, 2012 at 7:57 PM)  

YES!

..so lovely, i love your posts. :)

Post a Comment

s e a r c h

Blog Archive