no such thing

It's a song I sang as a child.  "Black and yellow, red and white, they're all precious in His sight."  I grew up singing this song in church, at home, never fully understanding the meaning behind the words.  There is no such thing as color to God.  You can have black, yellow, red, white, pink, purple, green skin, He doesn't care.  This song, put close to my heart at such a young age, is such a beautiful way to put into children's minds that color doesn't matter.

It's a baby doll I chose as a toddler.  A baby doll with brown skin and brown eyes.  It had nothing to do with me.  I had blonde hair and green eyes.  It didn't matter to me.  I chose that doll without thinking.  There was and is no question in my mind that color is a thing that exists, that separates.  If you believe in Christ, we are all one, thus blocking out any notice of color.  None.  Not to me, at least.

I have a brother that is Congolese and Jamaican.  I don't look at him and see a difference.  I don't notice a difference between him and my biological brothers.  I look at him and see my brother.  That's the beauty of adoption.  God looks upon us without seeing our sins, but seeing us, perfect in His sight.  There is no difference to Him.  I get to say that about my brother, brought home through adoption.  That although he may not have the same skin color as me, although he may not come from my blood, he is part of my family.

The amount of melanin that God puts in your skin does not change who you are.  Color does not matter.  Galatians 3:28 tells us, "There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male or female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.".  What a blessing!!!!  That God would give certain people more melanin in their skin than someone else, but we can all be ONE through Christ?  Beautiful.  What a beautiful blessing that we can choose to live by.

"And he made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth..." Acts 17:26



**I realize this is a controversial topic.  I just needed to get my point across, and talk about what's on my heart.  I hope you will understand.**



my kazak 'sister'.  




xo,
e

Olivia  – (May 8, 2012 at 2:21 PM)  

yes yes yes. exactly the way i feel with my siblings. someone even asked me that, and i told them i don't even notice that they have a different skin color than i do anymore. it's beautiful the way that happens!

Talia  – (May 8, 2012 at 5:54 PM)  

Amen, amen, amen! I loveeeeee this! Ahhh, I love it so much, and I agree completely. We adopted my sister from Ethiopia, and I don't think about her skin color on a daily basis. Color doesn't matter! She's my SISTER, and no matter what color/race/origin/etc., we are all one in Christ! Thank you SO MUCH for posting, girl!
-Talia

Heather  – (May 8, 2012 at 7:39 PM)  

Love it Emma. Every word :)

Unknown  – (May 8, 2012 at 9:29 PM)  

Oh Emma, you definitly got your point across, and I am so grateful to you for writing this. I know people who judge by color. And I never know what to say. This has opened my eyes.
p.s Can't get enough pictures of You and sweet baby Trey!!!
luv ya!

Klarabelle  – (May 11, 2012 at 2:39 PM)  

Hey! I saw Talia linked to this blog post and came here to check it out. I just wanted to say, this is a beautiful post! Also, I really appreciate that you didn't use the word "race", since there is only race, the human race! Having less or more melanin does not make someone a different "race". That is so awesome that your family adopted a little boy. I was adopted as a baby from China and although I personally never really had to deal with racism, I am so dismayed and saddened by racism in our culture. So thank you, for speaking out against it and showing the beauty of the variety God has made in humankind! :)

Anonymous –   – (May 11, 2012 at 3:29 PM)  

So true! I think I struggle with this some... please don't take me wrong! I am human and have a sin nature! Thanks for the encouragment, and I think you little bro. is adorable!

Emma

Emmaspic.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

s e a r c h

Blog Archive