PERFECT THE WAY YOU ARE // PART I


This is Maddie.  She was born with one eye.  But she doesn't let that stop her.  I've known Maddie for quite some time and there has been one big thing that has stuck out to me about her that I love :: she doesn't care what everyone else thinks.  Our world today is full of judgmental people telling you you need to be more than who you are.  It's so easy to be caught up in wearing, talking, looking, whatever.

Maddie contacted me last week telling me she needed some portraits done for something she is going to pursue.  She wasn't letting this stop her.  I don't even want to call it an "impairment" or a "disability", because I don't think that fits.  You're not perfect with two eyes.  You're perfect the way you are made.  To think that God chose your body, your hair color, your eye color, the amount of melanin in your skin.... special.... just for you.... how beautiful.  How beautiful that we don't have to stereotype people just because of the way they look.  How beautiful that God makes us all perfectly different in every single way.  How beautiful that I, as a photographer, am blessed to be able to capture that.  What a blessing.

At a young age I memorized Psalm 139:14.... "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made."  It's so wonderful to grow up knowing that God makes all of us special.  That two eyes is not perfect.  You are perfect the way you are.  Embrace it.

xo,
e

p.s. want to be featured on my blog about your story and how you found out you are perfect in God's image?  email me :)

Anonymous –   – (May 23, 2012 at 4:52 PM)  

Maddie is beautiful just the way she is! I love you Maddie SO much and Emma this is an amazing post!

xoxo
-Jemima

Kiley  – (May 24, 2012 at 8:15 PM)  

Maddie is gorgeous and this is so encouraging! I love love love the light flare on that picture, too. Amazing.

Post a Comment

s e a r c h

Blog Archive