thanksgiving


believe it or not, my chemistry teacher said something that really made me think yesterday morning.

first of all, i am so blessed to be able to go to a christian school.  i get to learn about science through a biblical perspective.  i get to read biblical literature.  my teachers pray before and after class.  

my chemistry teacher is fantastic.  he can make any concept seem easy.  

but, there is something about the way he prays that makes it even better.  his prayers are always very meaningful, and not just something that he has to do.  

but today, he said something that was so true.  he said, "help us to remember to be thankful everyday, not just the day that is set aside for our thankfulness.".  

it got me thinking.  we shouldn't just wait until this one day a year to be thankful for everything we have.  i have everything i could ever want, but yet, i'm hardly ever thankful for it.  

that's all the world says we should be.  we always need more.  if you buy this iphone, in six months, you'll need the new one.  it is so dysfunctional. 

so, take my chemistry teacher's advice.  be thankful everyday, not just the one day that is set aside for us.  

Carrie  – (November 19, 2011 at 10:48 AM)  

yeah, I've been thinkin about that, too. I was wondering why we post lots of "I'm thankful for..." posts on facebook, twitter, and blogs just around Thanksgiving. To me, it should be all the time. :)

Post a Comment

s e a r c h

Blog Archive