closer to love

I've been listening to Mat Kearney's Closer to Love, and today, I looked up the lyrics.  A lot of the stuff he was saying sure hit me hard.

It said "I guess we're all one phone call from our knees.".  And that lyric is so true.  All it takes is a phone call, and your world can come crashing down.

Two weeks ago, all it took was a phone call, and it was like we were on our knees.  It's so easy to act like you're really trusting, but to find out later that you're not.

It's been two weeks, and sure, it's gotten lots easier, but the thought is still there.  It's hard remembering that today we'd be so excited, and anxiously awaiting that phone call.  A phone call can change your world in an instance.  It sure did for me.

But if this didn't all happen... if we were still matched today... if I was blogging about my excitement, I wouldn't be as happy as I am today.

This whole thing happened on purpose.  It wasn't an accident.  It fell apart for a reason...... to pull us closer to love.... with Him.

Olivia  – (November 8, 2011 at 11:37 AM)  

This is beautiful Emma...I'll be praying for you girl! I know it must be so hard, but I love your words at the end - "But if this didn't all happen...I wouldn't be as happy as I am today." So true.

Natalia  – (November 8, 2011 at 11:39 AM)  

Emma,
I admire you for how strong you've been. I can not even IMAGINE the pain you have been experiencing during all this... and I'm so glad you're leaning on Christ to help you through! Just keep on being lovely :)

~Natalia

Romi  – (November 14, 2011 at 1:02 AM)  

Hi Emma, your words are as beautiful as your photography... And I tots agree with you!
You have such a beautiful blog and hope we can follow each other. :)
Lov to see more of it!

Romiya Fashion Inspiration Blog

Post a Comment

s e a r c h

Blog Archive