home-schooler.

yes, i am home-schooled.  yes, you can judge me.  yes, you can call me a freak.  yes, i might act completely opposite from a public schooler, but i'll tell you this:  i would never change a thing. 


i've been home-schooled since second grade, and i've loved it ever since.  sure, i've got some weird looks, some "ohhh. *walks away slowly*" and a lot more, but i don't care.  because if i wasn't home-schooled, i wouldn't have gotten to meet the wonderful people i know today.  and if i wasn't home-schooled, i wouldn't have gotten more time to pursue what i love.


sure, home-schooling isn't for everyone, but i know for sure that it's for me.

"I'm home-schooled" can go either way.  "ohhhh *walks away slowly* you're one of THOOOOSE." or they think it's like the best thing ever and want to be your BFF right away.  either way, i don't care.  if you don't want to be my friend because i'm home-schooled, then that's fine by me.  i like being home-schooled whether you want to be my friend or not.

funny things people ask me about being homeschooled::
-"Oh, so this is a great chance for you guys to get some socialization!  You know, that's when you get together and hang out with other kids your age." 
-"LUCKY!!!  I wish I was home-schooled!!  Then I could sleep in every day and play video games alll day!!" 

i'd never change a thing. 

-e.



Kiley  – (August 12, 2011 at 10:20 AM)  

YES! you said this perfectly. a lot of people are like SERIOUSLY? AWESOME but some are like oh...okay.

another question that I get asked is, "do you do school in your pajamas"

yeah...who wants to know?


Anonymous –   – (August 12, 2011 at 11:51 AM)  

I love this post! Were you there on the ski lift? When the guy is like,"So, this is a really good way for you guys to socialize!"

Anonymous –   – (August 12, 2011 at 6:54 PM)  

I'm homeschooled :)

Carrie  – (August 13, 2011 at 10:03 AM)  

haha, I'm homeschooled, too, and ya know what people ask me? "Do you do school in your pjs?" and "what is it LIKE to be homeschooled." I'm like, "Only done school once in my pjs, and being homeschooled is like doing school at home." and I'm thinking, "duh." hahaha lol. yeah, we homeschoolers rock, and I wouldn't change it for the world. :) :)

Post a Comment

s e a r c h

Blog Archive