surreal.

Today seems surreal.  I woke up this morning feeling weird.  It wasn't the same.  Although it's just a thought, it just wasn't the same.  Usually, I wake up excited.  A new day, which means its so much closer than it was yesterday.  But today, it was almost like no hope.  I know, I know.  There is tons and tons of hope for the next few months.  But I didn't wake up this morning feeling "safe".  I guess that's all I ever thought about.  Once we were matched, it was like a safety thing.  Good, now we're matched, and nothing can stop that.  But, it did.  And, as you learned yesterday, it wasn't the easiest thing ever.

I really love the lyrics in Praise You in the Storm by Casting Crowns.  Like I said yesterday, every word is what I was thinking, and needed to hear.  So yesterday, I made this, to encourage others as it encouraged me.



and then... after yesterday's post.... this. 


Kaarin –   – (October 28, 2011 at 11:50 AM)  

Awww. Feeling weird, and sad, and grief, and not feeling the same....all normal! And feeling those things doesn't mean you don't have faith or hope or trust. I'm so impressed that you were able to identify the fact that you felt "safe" in the match. That's a very profound observation. I'm praying for you.

Mrs. gregg  – (October 28, 2011 at 12:13 PM)  

This little boy is in the Lord's hands and has the perfect family waiting for him. And your little boy is in the Lord's hands and has you waiting for him.

You are so lovely.

Kaarin –   – (October 28, 2011 at 1:01 PM)  

What Mrs. Gregg said!

Anonymous –   – (October 28, 2011 at 4:24 PM)  

Emma! Sweeet Emma! You made me teary-eyed! The Thompson baby is out there! Waiting for your wonderful family to find him!! Just wait you'll see!
~Gabby

Anonymous –   – (October 28, 2011 at 7:46 PM)  

Emma claire I LOVE YOU!! and you are handling this news so well!! just like Mrs Gregg said yalls baby is out there((: and its all up to the Lord when he brings him to you(:
LOVE YOU-Alexandra

Kim Thompson  – (October 29, 2011 at 4:10 PM)  

You are lovely. just like the title of your blog. You are processing through this so well and I am so proud of you. So much of what you are writing is what I am feeling too. This is all part of our journey, and someday, we will have quite a story to tell. xo

Post a Comment

s e a r c h

Blog Archive