Friends.

Hello, my lovely readers!  I am back after a really lovely and fantastic time with my friends!!!   Pictures will be posted soon, but for now, here's a post i've been thinking about for a long time.

_________________________

So this post has been one of those posts that I was going back and forth over.  Thinking about whether to post it or not, how much to say, etc etc..  But anyway, I'll tell you what I'm really thinking.

So, I have these two friends (you know who you are).  These two friends I've known for a very long time in my life.  I didn't actually get really close with them until last summer.  And we all agree that last summer was when God really changed us, and made us much closer.  Not only did it change us, it changed the way I looked at friendships.  It changed the way I thought friends should be.

Let me tell you something.... these friends are absolutely amazing.  They tell me when they screw up.  They tell me when I screw up.  They are forgiving and repentant.  They are hysterical.  And they really define what a true friend should look like.

And these friends, whom I love dearly, who I spent late nights giggling and talking with, who I could talk to for hours, are moving.

They're moving.  And I have finally wrapped my mind around that thought.  When I first heard it, I thought it was such a horrific thing.  Such a terrible thing, and why did they have to go?

But it's sinking in now.  And I keep getting reassured over and over that this is where they're supposed to be.  And although I'll miss them like heck, I know that this is God's plan, and this is the right thing for them to do.

Thank you, girls, for being amazing friends.  Words cannot describe how much I'll miss you.  I love you forever.


-e <3

Kaarin  – (June 7, 2011 at 7:17 PM)  

Sweet Emma. I love how the Lord has held your hand through this difficult time and transition. You are a beautiful friend.

familygregg  – (June 7, 2011 at 7:24 PM)  

Made me cry. You are an answer to my prayers.

Kimberly  – (June 7, 2011 at 8:13 PM)  

Emma, I completely know what moving away or what friend's moving away is like. I've moved 5 times and every time, it's as hard as the other. But i'll be praying for you, i know it can be very sad to say good-bye, or see ya later to amazing friends. :)

Kiley  – (June 7, 2011 at 9:56 PM)  

oh, i'm sorry hun. moving friends is really hard. i'll be praying for you.

Kim Thompson  – (June 8, 2011 at 8:06 AM)  

I love you and the way you love your friends.

Seven's Heaven  – (June 8, 2011 at 5:06 PM)  

Isn't it amazing how our bond in Christ can help friendships endure? Oh and Facebook will help! Haha

Post a Comment

s e a r c h

Blog Archive