THEY ALWAYS DRIVE AWAY

I've got some fab friends.  Problem is two of them live 350 miles away... in California.  For my sixteenth birthday I asked for Poptarts and a day off of my six online classes beginning at 7aam and then I gave my mom (jokingly) three options: either I go to California, my three friends come to Az, or she just tells me when we're going to Cali in the near future.  I had no idea any of this would actually happen, nor did I expect it to, I just... was missing them.

Well, life kept moving onward and I had reasons to believe one of these things was going to actually happen on my birthday.  So I get this present inside my box of brown sugar poptarts:


& so I did just that.  And I skipped my four classes and boarded a plane at 10:45 and flew for an hour and a half over the desert to my three friends waiting for me.  I had no idea that it would be one of the best weekends of my life.

Oh my goodness, it was just perfect.  Casual and simple and fun.  It involved Monopoly and jumping in the ocean at sunset and thrifting and sleeping in my Grandfather's (SirRonBoyGrandfatherinsidejokesorry) basement aka dungeon and talking and just being together.  It was all I could have asked for.  Just being together for three perfect days.



(Justin Timberlake's house ahhhhhhhhhh)









But there's one thing that will never become normal to me.  (And if it does you have permission to punch me so I'll wake up.)  And that is the fact that I live away from my three friends.  I hate it.  It will never become normal to say goodbye.  It will never become normal to turn and head and watch them drive away.  It will never become normal say goodbye and not have any idea when you will see them again.  And it sucks and I hate it and it will never be okay with me.  But God has other plans for these girls in my life.  God is working and God knows.  And even though I have to fly 400 miles to see some of my dearest friends... even though I have to hug them again another twenty times because I'm not ready to leave... even though some nights I can't stand being without them and Skype is not enough...I will hold onto my God.  Because He doesn't make any mistakes.

Missing someone is the worst feeling in the world.  It's like a longing; you can't escape it.  Although it is a daily thing for me at this point in my life... missing someone... that just never gets normal to me.  The feeling is new every day.

Lord...........

Bring us together soon.

Hannah Nicole  – (March 10, 2013 at 7:06 AM)  

EMMMAAAAA.
Oh, wow, I loved this. It made me so happy. And at the same time, sad, because my best friends are out of state and miles and miles away, too.

Unknown  – (March 10, 2013 at 7:26 AM)  

love this post! i have the same "problem" (it's not really a problem because, well at least i have friends. it comes with the territory i guess you could say). in the states my two closest friends live four hours away and we hardly see each other. my cousins are some of my closest friends and they live eighteen hours away. and my bestest ever friends live in another COUNTRY. el salvador. right now i'm enjoying two months with them, but i know when i go back "home" it's gonna be rough. right now, i see them every.single.day. xx

Brooklyn  – (March 10, 2013 at 9:45 AM)  

Aww happy birthday! That b&w silhouette pic--love it! So glad your wish came true!(:

Kiley Marissa  – (March 10, 2013 at 7:49 PM)  

this is so perfect, the last words are wonderful. i know exactly what you mean, all my friends are 180 miles away. suckss, but it makes it extra special when i see them. :) happy belated birthday my dear, you deserved it.

Olivia  – (March 11, 2013 at 12:57 PM)  

wow! what a birthday blessing. :) xo

Post a Comment

s e a r c h

Blog Archive