D-I-Y : no-sew bunting.


I've been looking for something to put on my bare wall in my bedroom, and after being inspired by the lovely etsy this afternoon, I set out to do some bunting.  I am sewing machine-less at the moment, so doing crafts right now is a little tough.  But, I figured out how I can do bunting without a sewing machine, and it was a great Saturday evening project :)


All the materials in this tutorial you will most likely have lying around in your home.  But one thing you will need to figure out before you begin is how many "triangles" you want to make.  I made 12, so figure out where you're going to hang them, and then go from there.  

You're going to need a hot glue gun, a pencil, scissors, scraps of fabric (make sure it is big enough for the bunting template), twine (or anything else that will hold it; not included in photo), and a bunting template (which can be found here).  


So go ahead and print your bunting template onto cardstock, and cut it out.  Then you're going to put it on your fabric, and trace it with your pencil.  



Now we're going to cut along the lines we made. 


Repeat until desired number of bunted triangles are cut out.  

[At this point I ironed them out to get all the creases out, but this is optional.  Only for those of us that don't fold their fabric very nicely ;)]


Next you're going to pull out your twine or yarn or whatever you are using & your hot glue gun.




Now you're going to put glue on the top edge of your "triangles", and press the twine onto it.  


Next, put some more glue on the very top edge of your triangles, and fold over.  This is just going to make them look much cleaner.


Yay!!  We're done with the first one!!

{please ignore the messy saturday hair}

Now go ahead and continue this process until you get your desired outcome.  I did two strings of 6 bunted triangles, but you can do whatever you want :) 



Here was my wall before:

And after:

How simple was that????


I am sooo beyond happy with this D-I-Y!  It totally makes my room so much more happy!







So happy "bunting", everyone!!  have fun and enjoy :)

-emma.




Kiley  – (September 10, 2011 at 7:04 PM)  

That is SO cute. If I had any more wall space in my room, I would tots do this...maybe for a different room. :P

mary ann  – (September 10, 2011 at 7:40 PM)  

This is such a great idea! I'll have to try it :)

Hope  – (September 10, 2011 at 9:42 PM)  

cute! I really want to make some :)

Anonymous –   – (September 11, 2011 at 2:38 PM)  

love it! I totally want some for my room!

Anonymous –   – (October 10, 2011 at 12:09 PM)  

I love this:)

Post a Comment

s e a r c h

Blog Archive