THOUGHTS FROM 30,000 FEET IN THE AIR

Thoughts from 30,000 feet in the air, wrote in my Notes app on my phone.

//

Why did God allow us to create planes all those years ago?

I think it's because He wants us to stand in awe of the beauty He creates.

When we watch a sunset unfold from above the clouds, or lightning erupt from the point of view of God.

It all makes me stop breathing for a moment.  The way He creates and the way He creates for us and our pleasure.  It doesn't seem like the God of our every second in life wants us to partake in and enjoy His creation.

And what about tears?

Why did God create those?

I have to believe it's not just so that we can show emotion.  I think it's so that He can carry our pain.  We humans, we're tangible people.  We like to touch things and know things and see the proof to things or it's not worth our time.  And we're made in His image.  I have to believe that that is one of those things He wants us to know to be true.  These things like tears and flying.  They are tangible things.  He understands our need for tangibility, and He gives it to us freely.  He wants it to be real for Him, too.

Before He created the world He saw us in a metal tube flying above the clouds.  He saw us soar and He watched our eyes as we stood in awe.  And in case we had any bit of doubt in our hearts it was cancelled out with our eyes.  Because when we humble ourselves and take ourselves out of reality for a few hours we see the realness of life.  We see His beauty.  And we see the world in a new way.

And because of His tangible love seen through opening our eyes to His creation, we meet the face of God.  We see Him in the clouds and in the sky.  I look down and see the tininess of the cars and the people and I realize my little life isn't as big as I think it is.  It's this little tiny square that has no meaning until He says it does.  And when it has meaning?  When He creates the value in it?

Life is beautiful.

Because He gathers our tears that fall from our eyes and He stores them in a bottle and He holds them close to His heart.  And He chooses to walk with us and grieve with us and still love us.  Even when we screw it all up.  Even when we hurt.  He makes our grief worth it.

And when there are 10 bottles of tears there are 10,000 bottles of grace.

"You have kept count of my tossings; put my tears in your bottle. Are they not in your book?"
Psalm 56:8


Post a Comment

s e a r c h

Blog Archive