adoption

adoption is one of the best gifts on this entire earth.  two of my best friends are adopted.  some of our closest friends have adopted.  it is truly a special thing to experience.

a lot of people don't understand it.  they don't understand what it feels like to be adopted.  they don't understand why someone would do something like adoption.  most people ask why.  most people wonder why you would want to do that, after you already have biological children.  most of the people that say these things are believers.  but what they don't understand is that they've been adopted.

adoption is one of the greatest things God has done for us.  He loves us enough to adopt people who ruin everything.  sinners who turn their backs on God; he chose me.  why not show that to an orphan through adoption?

my mom has a magnet that says "got love?  adopt.".  it just makes me smile.  God had enough love inside Him for me that he adopted me.  what about loving orphans enough to adopting them?  after all, God calls us all to orphans.  just read james 1:27.

Ephesians 1:5 tells us "He predestined us for sonship through Jesus Christ in accordance with his pleasure and will."

it's His pleasure to adopt us.  it should be our pleasure to help orphans.  sure, adoption isn't for everyone, but orphans are.

there are more than 145 million orphans in this world.  not many will step up to adopt these children, but yet 40% of pregnancies in New York last year were aborted.

what is this.  what is this that in a world of abandoned children, no one notices?  what is this that in our culture it is okay to kill unborn children because of "convenience"?

maybe it's our obliviousness to the truth.  maybe people want to help but just can't.  maybe we're too selfish.  or maybe we just don't like dealing with reality.

whatever it is, it needs to stop.  whatever we are doing, needs to change.  and i for one, am here to do just that.


Grandpa Steve –   – (January 9, 2012 at 10:41 AM)  

Wow.....beautifully said, sweetie

Caitlin Alexander  – (January 9, 2012 at 10:48 AM)  

this is so, so very beautiful. adoption is something God has really put on my heart, and nothing has ever filled my heart this much. you wrote this so well.

praying for you guys and your adoption! can't wait to adopt my own precious kiddos someday.
xo

Kim Thompson  – (January 9, 2012 at 12:11 PM)  

Soon you will be posting our adoption story!! Can't wait! xo

Heather (JesusChick)  – (January 9, 2012 at 1:48 PM)  

Simply amazing and well said, Emma :) I have many friends who were adopted by families who are in my homeschool group. When I'm older, I plan to adopt as well :)

Olivia  – (January 9, 2012 at 3:14 PM)  

This was perfect. This touched my heart so much. Thank you!

I'll be praying for you girlie! I hope things are going OK... :)

Anonymous –   – (January 9, 2012 at 4:36 PM)  

Adoption is awesome. I like to say that I am adopted twice!

Thank your for posting this.

Love you to the moon and back.

-Jemima

Brecken  – (January 9, 2012 at 4:42 PM)  

God has truly touched you emma with being able to speak straight to someones heart. That is a very special gift. Iplan to adopt kids when i get older!
love you!

-Brecken

Megan –   – (January 9, 2012 at 4:51 PM)  

This was beautiful, Emma. :)

Post a Comment

s e a r c h

Blog Archive