...africa...

Thinking about Africa while finding old pictures...

I remember getting off the plane (it was outside), and thinking "SNAP!  I haven't taken my Malaria pill in 12 hours and I think 12 mosquitoes bit me already!"  I was so tired I didn't care.  I barely remember when we got to Arusha.  We had juice.  Yummy juice.  I remember my times with Haley, and Mr. Everroad, and my dad.  THE SERIOUSLY BESTEST TIME WITH THEM.  everrrrrrrrrrrr.

I remember (and I'm sure everyone else does, too) taking-*cough*, sorry choking on my malaria pills.  I remember my new friends on the team, my new african friends.  I remember when we left Arusha for the last time to go home, the [very very very nice] ladies that worked in the hotel said, "Bye EMMA!!!  I hope we can see you again one day!!"  Touching.

Touching, smiling, laughing, spilling, loving, riding, coughing, choking, smiling, smiling, meeting, waving, talking, talking, talking, smiling, talking is all the things I felt.

Okay, seriously.  I have this longing inside me to go there again!  Gosh!

I seriously miss it!






and I miss Amani.  Our translator in church.

If I had the money, I think I would be there now.  And I would be doing something in Mairowa.  And then going on safari.

I am sooooooooo very very very very very very very happy I got to do this.  I am soooooooooooo very very very very very very very very very happy I got this time with Haley - something we will NEVER forget we did together, too!

I hope to return to Tanzania.  I felt free there.  I don't know what that means, though.

I felt like I could wear whatever, be whatever, and still be so so so so sooooo happy.

I was free.

Tanzania, Africa.
Emma, Bruce, Haley, Matt
June 4-14 2009

I shall never forget.

Kim Thompson  – (December 8, 2009 at 4:42 PM)  

Love your sweet words girl. I love how you describe how you felt there. I am so glad that you had this opportunity with your daddy and your friend. I am so glad that you opened your heart to new friends while you were there. I am a proud mom and I hope that God takes you back there and on many other journeys to serve Him and learn more about Him!!

familygregg  – (December 16, 2009 at 1:26 PM)  

That is a great thing that you want to go back to reach out to others. That makes me want to do it. I want too reach out to others too. Pretty pictures!
Love ,
Galilee

Kaarin  – (December 17, 2009 at 10:14 PM)  

That's really neat that you are feeling a longing to return. You will! It is burned in you now. Keep praying about it.

Post a Comment

s e a r c h

Blog Archive