FAREWELL SUMMER (THROUGH MY IPHONE LENS)

Monday is my last official day of Summer.  And I've got to say, it was one of the best in my memory.

Starting with flying all the way to Philadelphia to meet with my dear, dear friends for 5 days.  Next up was Downton Abbey reruns late into the night and being in complete awe with the Lord and His story unfolding before us through adoption and birthmothers.  Sleeping in, eating breakfast at 11:15am every morning, and laughing with my family.  Then, a quick one-day trip up north to a friend's cabin for the 4th of July.  Fireworks, laughing, BBQ's, carnivals and fun.  One of my faves.  Then, a roadtrip to California.  Much needed beach time, an escape from the heat, and complete relaxation.  More sleep, more babysitting bugsy, more cooking.  Driving one kid to practice and picking the next one up.  Next was a fabulous weekend trip to the cabin we've gone to since we were littles.  Memories and cool weather and relaxing and golf cart rides.  Fast forward some more sleeping, babysitting, driving and relaxing.  Finishing an absolutely fantastic summer with dear friends sleepovers.  Talking til 2am, pool time and just a whole lot of fun.

Wowwwweeeee, God sure did bless me this summer.  SO thankful I got the opportunities I did.  Now I'm so ready to partake in my Junior (!!!!!!!) year of high school.   What the actual heck?  I have no idea what happened to time.

Goodbye summer, you've been so good to me.

(photo dump :: no particular order, obviously.)



























Olivia  – (August 31, 2013 at 5:31 PM)  

oh! looks like your summer was pretty lovely. sometimes it just really does feel good to be blessed. cheers to the new (and junior) year! :) xx

Kim Thompson  – (September 4, 2013 at 2:08 PM)  

I find it so amazing how the Lord works. Amidst alot of stress, this summer was one of your favs. Probably because when we grow the most is when we really get to experience HIS absolute love and grace towards us. This just proves again how HE has captured your heart. I am one proud momma!

Post a Comment

s e a r c h

Blog Archive